ARC-INSTITUTE FOR INDUSTRIAL CROPS (ARC-IIC) ________________________________________________________________________________________
The ARC-Institute for Industrial Crops is an Institute of the Agricultural Research Council in South Africa. ARC-IIC is responsible for all the research on cotton, tobacco, hemp, flax, sisal, kenaf and indigenous fibre crops.
The Institute, based in Rustenburg in the North West Province, operates with three research divisions namely, Plant Protection, Crop and Soil Science and Cultivar Development.
The Institute also manages six experimental stations in all the production areas for cotton and tobacco in South Africa.
The stations are:
- ARC-IIC Loskop Experimental farm: Groblersdal
- ARC-IIC Brits Experimental farm
- Vaalharts Experimental farm
- Stellenbosch Experimental farm
- Makhathini Experimental farm
- Upington Experimental farm